Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I found the recipe itself on the net about two years ago. To my taste it is very sweet cookie, but it is an an easy cookie to make and quick.I make this in a two in one by halving the dough and adding chocolate or peanut butter chips to one half.
- 2 cups peanut butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Prepare baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl mix the peanut butter and the sugar until smooth.
- Add the eggs one at a time, then add the baking soda, salt and the vanilla essence.
- Roll dough into walnut size balls, place on the baking sheet giving them room to spread, press down slightly with a wet fork.
- Bake for 8 to ten minutes, remove from the oven and leave them on the baking sheet to cool for a few minutes, they will be very soft at this stage, then remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Depending on your walnut size it should make 36 cookies.
I made these to take to a party. They were fast and easy to do. I changed the recipe by not putting in the salt or the soda. After I pressed them down with the fork, I sprinkled a coat of coarse Himalayan Salt. They were dense, flavorful and chewy. Everyone RAVED about them and they LOVED the salted top!
Love Love Love these they are the ones my family has been making for ever and so yummy
My DH needs gluten free foods, I keep these on hand all the time, I only put 1/3 cup of choclate chips in them. Very good.