Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Perfect for the South Beach diet! These are sure to satisfy your sweet tooth. They will get crumbly if left at room temperature. The key is to keep them in the freezer and take out what you need. I take them out of the freezer and let them sit for about 10 mins so they're still nice and cold. They have a nice dense, chewy texture. I make these smaller than the average cookie, about 2" diameter. I also use Sugar Twin sweetener because I don't like the aftertaste with Splenda.
- 3⁄4 cup natural-style peanut butter
- 1⁄2 cup Splenda granular, granulated sugar substitute (DO NOT use the individual packets!)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup ricotta cheese
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Roll into small balls (will make 16), place on cookie sheet, then press down with fork.
- Bake for approximately 10-12 minutes.
These have a nice flavor but didn't care much for the texture. More like peanut butter fudge. As per suggestion, I froze them, and texture improved, as long as you ate them cold, which I didn't like. Sorry.