Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 hrs
This is my step-grandmother's recipe, and it's been a favorite of mine for years! With no flour, oil, or egg yolks, these are also a lower-cal cookie. Important note: DO NOT double this recipe. The oven won't hold the heat right, and the cookies won't set. Make one batch at a time.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cover a cookie sheet with tin foil.
- Beat egg whites until foamy.
- Add cream of tartar and beat until stiff.
- Slowly add sugar.
- Add salt & vanilla and beat until stiff and dry.
- Fold in chocolate chips and nuts.
- Drop batter onto the foil using a teaspoon.
- Put cookies into 350-degree oven and TURN OFF THE OVEN.
- Leave the cookies overnight (12 hours).
- DO NOT open the door of the oven during this time.
- DO NOT DOUBLE this recipe! The oven will not hold enough heat and the cookies will not set!