Recipe by Wendy's Kitchen
I found this recipe in a Vogue Entertaining Cookbook - looks good enough to eat anytime - it was used as a passover cake.
- butter, to prepare bundt cake
- flour, to prepare bundt cake
- 10 eggs, separated
- 275 g sugar
- 250 g chocolate chips
- 280 g almond meal
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 lemon, juice and zest of
- 70 ml sherry wine
- 50 g sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 160°C.
- Butter and flour 24cm bundt cake tin.
- Beat egg yolks and sugar together until thick and creamy approx 10 minutes.
- Add chocolate chips, almond meal, cinnamon, lemon zest, juice and sherry.
- Beat until just combined.
- In a clean dry bowl beat the egg whites with 50g sugar until stiff.
- With a metal spoon carefully fold egg whites into torte mixture.
- Pour into bundt cake and bake 1 hour.
- Sprinkle with icing sugar to serve.