Recipe by Chef Rye
After years of making alfredo sauce, I think I have perfected what I call the "Best Alfredo Sauce in America"! However, I was fresh out of fettuccine, so I had to substitute spaghetti noodles, but even still, the results were amazing!! I hope you'll try my recipe and enjoy it as much as I have!
Top Review by arrowood6
I made this for my husband because he doesn't like spag. sauce. I had to make it with what I had on hand. So I used garlic powder, substituted milk for the wine, I doubled the recipe except used 12 ounces cream cheese. I was out of grated parmesan so used the stuff out of a can and also used some shredded italian cheese. I added some chicken and my whole family loved it. I am sure it would have been excellent also if I would have had the right ingredients on hand. What a great recipe!
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic (2 cloves)
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1 1⁄2 cups grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 5 quarts water
- 6 ounces dry spaghetti noodles
- 2 tablespoons sea salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat whipping cream in large saucepan over medium heat for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add garlic, wine, parmesan, and black pepper to cream, stirring until smooth and unfiorm.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and add cream cheese, 4 oz. at a time, until melted, stirring constantly. Keep sauce on low heat while cooking noodes.
- Noodles: In a large stockpot, bring water to a rapid boil, add sea salt and noodles.
- Cook noodles for 8 - 12 minutes, until soft when bitten (al dente).
- Briefly drain and rinse noodles, then toss with sauce in saucepan. Serve immediately.