Prep 1 hr 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Very nice dip served with crackers of Melba toast. Just look at the calories and savor the taste. Who sad no-fat has to be dull. Season with salt & pepper to your likeing
- 10 ounces frozen spinach, thawed,well drained and finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup sweet onion, finely minced
- 1 cup carrot, finely chopped
- 1 cup sweet red pepper, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 1 cup nonfat yogurt
- 1 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Hungarian paprika (you may use other paprika)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Blend the spinach with the yogurt, mayo, onion, carrots, garlic powder, red pepper,parsley& paprika.
- Give it a good mix.
- Cool in fridge for one hour.
Quite simply, the best dip I have ever made! Colourful and chock-full of delicious, healthy veggies! I halved the recipe and ended up with 2 cups of dip. I calculate this to be approx 30 calories per 1/4 cup serving. I did not make any changes other than using regular paprika instead of Hungarian. I will definitely be making this again -- thanks so much for a great recipe!
I enjoyed this. I made it for an open house I was hosting and served it with fresh red pepper, carrot sticks, and nut crackers (wheat free crackers). I also used regular paprika. I think it needs some salt or something. It was lacking a little depth to the flavor but it has tremendous potential. I will play around with other spices! Yummy. Thanks!
Prepared this just as instructed...sooo delicious!