Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Make your own bagel spread instead of buying it at a craft fair. It's also good without the raisins using no fat cream cheese. I put it on mini bagels for breakfast, it also tastes good on English muffins or toast. It's a sweet treat and you would never know it has no fat cream cheese. I like it very sweet but you can use less sugar. Add sugar a little at a time and taste it before you add the raisins. Remember the raisins sweeten it also.
- 8 ounces fat free cream cheese, softened
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons sugar (to taste)
- 7 1⁄2 ounces raisins, half a big box
- Leave cream cheese out for at least a half hour or until soft.
- Put the raisins in hot tap water for 10 minutes or so to plump them up.
- Drain water and dry them with paper towels.
- Whip cream cheese, sugar and cinnamon with a mixer until fluffy.
- Fold raisins in until combined.
- Enjoy on your bagel after it chills in the refrigerator.
I have been making this for years since I worked near a bagel shop that served something similar. This works very well with the whipped cream cheese spread too - just blend it all with a fork I love love love this recipe! Thanks for posting!
I have been making this for several years,I just didn't have exact measurements.It is a very good topping for bagels.My fav is to put it on toasted onion bagels,sounds weird but the combo is awesome.Thanx for sharing!!!