Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This no-fat salad is a refreshing change of taste in the winter, and a cooling treat in the summer. Be sure to give it plenty of time to combine flavors in the refrigerator, and stir occasionally to distribute seasonings.
- 1 cucumber, seeded and chopped
- 2 medium oranges, peeled, bitter white pith removed, cubed
- 1 1⁄2 cups jicama, peeled and cubed
- 4 green onions, cliced
- 8 tablespoons lime juice
- 4 tablespoons orange juice
- 3⁄4 teaspoon chili powder (I prefer more)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 -2 teaspoon dried mint or 2 tablespoons of fresh mint, chopped
- Combine cucumber, oranges, jicama and green onions in a glass bowl.
- Combine juices, chili powder and salt; pour over salad ingredients.
- Sprinkle mint over the salad; toss, cover and chill, preferably overnight, mixing occasionally.
Pretty good salad def is refreshing. I added a little more chili powder to add a little more flavor. And I def recommend letting this marinate in the fridge it does change the taste. My guests enjoyed the salad but no one was overly thrilled with it.