This no-fat salad is a refreshing change of taste in the winter, and a cooling treat in the summer. Be sure to give it plenty of time to combine flavors in the refrigerator, and stir occasionally to distribute seasonings.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cucumber, seeded and chopped
- 2 medium oranges, peeled, bitter white pith removed, cubed
- 1 1/2 cups jicama, peeled and cubed
- 4 green onions, cliced
- 8 tablespoons lime juice
- 4 tablespoons orange juice
- 3/4 teaspoon chili powder (I prefer more)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 -2 teaspoon dried mint or 2 tablespoons fresh mint, chopped
- 1Combine cucumber, oranges, jicama and green onions in a glass bowl.
- 2Combine juices, chili powder and salt; pour over salad ingredients.
- 3Sprinkle mint over the salad; toss, cover and chill, preferably overnight, mixing occasionally.
Browse Our Top Oranges Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Oranges Recipes
Nutritional Facts for No-Fat Orange, Cucumber and Jicama Salad
Serving Size: 1 (125 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 54.4
- Calories from Fat 2
- Total Fat 0.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 201.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 6.9 g
- Protein 1.3 g