Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
i love the recipe, because it's one of my own creation. i have tweaked it multiple times to get the most fluffy delectable cookies possible! i luff them. with all my heart. :) and so do others. that's the best part! oh, and unlike other recipes where you have to do things in order, this one can just be thrown together...and voi-la! you have zee cookies of heaven at your fingertips!
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 cup egg substitute
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups rolled oats
- 0.5 (8 ounce) bag semi-sweet chocolate chips
- pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. throw everything but the choco. chips and oatmeal into a bowl and mix it to your hearts desire.
- THEN add the choco chips and oatmeal.
- drop by spoonfuls (whatever size suits your fancy at the time) onto baking sheet, and pop in the oven for approximately 12 minutes.
- take 'em out and eat them gone! with ravenous delight. :).
I appreciate the health aspect of this recipe. Sadly, the cookies ended up very dense and chewy. I used 85% Lindt dark chocolate and even that rich flavor was overshadowed by the applesauce.