Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
These muffins are no fat (or low-fat with the addition of nuts) and they contain no refined sugar or dairy. All of the sugar comes from the added fruit and fruit juce - definitely a healthy morning muffin.
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup oat bran (for porridge)
- 2 cups flour
- 8 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 apples, diced and mashed
- 2 3⁄4 cups pure apple juice
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 4 pureed bananas, over-ripened
- Mix the dry ingredients well in a large mixing bowl.
- Mash the diced apples and add the apple juice to the mix.
- Add the vanilla to the apple mix.
- Add the apple and apple-juice mix to the dry ingredients.
- Mix well with several good strokes.
- Add the pureed bananas and mix until an even consistency is obtained.