Prep 20 mins
Cook 4 hrs
- 1⁄2 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon jalapeno, minced
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (14 ounce) can tomatoes, drained & chopped or 3 fresh
- 3⁄4 cup tomato juice
- 1 1⁄4 cups cucumbers, peeled & chopped
- Place 1 cup cucumber and next 10 ingredients (through tomatoes) in blender or food processor and puree (leave some chunks). Pour into bowl.
- Stir in tomato juice. Cover and chill.
- Serve topped with diced cucumber.
I made this recipe this weekend - it's so hot outside & this sounded so cool & refreshing. I substituted a few ingredients (V8 instead of plain tomato juice, left out the jalapenos & used a few extra dashes of hot sauce, and used cider vinegar) - but it still came out absolutely delicious! oooh-yum! I will make this again-thanks for posting, Dancer^! -M :)
I went to San Antonio, TX in June and was craving Gazpacho. This recipe hit the spot! It was easy and tasty. I substitued harissa for the jalapenos.
I used red bell pepper and hot pepper sauce recipe # 128897, skipped the can tomatoes and juice used only fresh! This is so easy, healthy no cook, and taste great! what more can you ask for!