Recipe by EdsGirlAngie
A change from the traditional Italian-seasoned marinated tomatoes, this one has a pronounced celery flavor with crunch little mustard seeds for a little zip. This salad also has zero fat!
Top Review by Darkhunter
Have made this frequently, but never used the sugar or celery and mustard seeds. Have to admit, yours is the better chopped salad! Easy, quick and delicious. Couldn't ask for more. Thnx for posting, EdsGirlAngie. Made for Fall 2008 My-3-Chefs.
- 1 bermuda onion, coarsely chopped
- 6 medium tomatoes, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, coarsely chopped
- 3⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon medium grind black pepper or 1⁄2-1 teaspoon coarse grind black pepper