Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 min
A change from the traditional Italian-seasoned marinated tomatoes, this one has a pronounced celery flavor with crunch little mustard seeds for a little zip. This salad also has zero fat!
- 1 bermuda onion, coarsely chopped
- 6 medium tomatoes, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, coarsely chopped
- 3⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon medium grind black pepper or 1⁄2-1 teaspoon coarse grind black pepper
- Combine onions, tomatoes and bell pepper.
- In a small saucepan, combine vinegar, water, celery and mustard seeds, salt, sugar and pepper.
- Bring to a boil, boil for one minute, then immediately dress vegetables.
- Chill, for at least 2 hours.
Have made this frequently, but never used the sugar or celery and mustard seeds. Have to admit, yours is the better chopped salad! Easy, quick and delicious. Couldn't ask for more. Thnx for posting, EdsGirlAngie. Made for Fall 2008 My-3-Chefs.