Recipe by Sew&Cook
For a no fat low calorie cookie these are awesome. The only drawback is they do not get brown. I needed to develop a "sweet" for my mother-in-laws' "sweet tooth". She loves these.
Top Review by Cyd W.
The first batch I made, I used low sugar/lowfat apple sauce instead of the margarine. The cookies came out kind of 'cake like and chewy'. They taste good though. So the second time making them, I used half the amount of butter and added a cup of instant oatmeal. Much better (of course when adding the fat everything taste better LOL). I make them small and flatten somewhat so that they came out nice and crunchy.
- 1 cup Splenda granular (sugar substitute)
- 1⁄2 cup Splenda brown sugar blend
- 1 cup promise trans-fat free margarine
- 1 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 3 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Beat Splenda and Promise together.
- Add yogurt and vanilla.
- Combine flour, soda and salt.
- Stir flour mixture into Splenda mixture.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Drop by spoonfuls on well-greased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 12 minutes.
- Yield 40 cookies.