Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
From the web, don't remember the site, fantastic and 3.5 ww points per serving
- 2 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup applesauce
- 4 large apples, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350° Lightly grease a 9 x 13 pan and set aside.
- Beat egg whites 30 seconds with electric mixer.
- Add next four ingredients and beat 1 more minute.
- Stir in applesauce and fold apples into batter.
- Combine remaining dry ingredients in a separate bowl and add to batter.
- Spoon mixture into prepared pan and bake 50-60 minutes or until center springs back when gently pressed.
Thanks so spark people I found this chef to try one of her recipes. We thought this desert came out really nice but would lesson the sugar the next time. Looking forward to retrying this recipe again.
I changed my rating from 4 to 5 stars. This has become one of my new favorites, and I am making it again this evening for the third time! I subbed Splenda for sugar, used sugar-free maple syrup and sliced the apples instead of chopped them. I forgot to add the cinnamon, so I sprinkled cinnamon sugar on top. I really enjoyed this dessert--it didn't have too much breading, which I really liked. Thank you for a fantastic recipe! It would be perfect with a hot cup of tea on a winter day...I think I'll be having much of this over the ensuing Alaskan winter :)
This is our favourite dessert! Yummy served hot with cream. Better that apple pie and no fat! Does take longer than stated to cook, usually the whole hour, or it is mushy in the middle. Only serves 8 for us!