Recipe by xpnsve
This recipe was born of an accident! Try to keep from eating the batter before you put it in the oven :)
Top Review by HokiesMom
These are a dense muffin but it has tons of flavor. I think my favorite background flavor is the cinnamon blended with the chocolate. I baked them in three different types of muffin pans (stainless without liners, stainless with liners and then silicone muffin holders) and all three baked perfectly in 20 minutes. I did reduce the temp to 325 due to all being darker in color. These are great with a morning mug of coffee and will be great with my evening one too! ;) Thanks for sharing. Found and tagged during The Circus has Come Photo Forum Event.
- 1 1⁄4 cups cinnamon applesauce
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 cups zucchini, peeled and grated
- 4 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3⁄4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon espresso powder
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together flour, salt, soda, cinnamon, espresso powder, cocoa (use a good cocoa powder; I used King Arthur Dark Cocoa) and baking powder.
- In another bowl mix together zucchini, applesauce, sugar and vanilla. Stir well into the dry mixture.
- Fill muffin lined tins 3/4 full with mixture and bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes.