Recipe by Kasha
Inspired by a recipe from itsjustme, modified to be healthy and still fantastic! Makes a snack cake--no frosting, no one will ever know there is zucchini in it!
Top Review by ladypit
I have a bumper crop of zuchs right now and this was right up my alley! My husband's comment was that it was quite good for fat free, and he had 2 pieces. Cutting this into 24 pieces, using white wheat flour and eggbeaters for the egg whites, this was 1 WW point per piece. Yum. Thanks Kasha!
- 6 egg whites
- 1 cup applesauce
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup Splenda Sugar Blend for Baking
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups shredded zucchini (either peeled or not)
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350°.
- Combine and beat egg whites, applesauce, sugar and vanilla extract.
- Stir in the zucchini.
- Mix all of the dry ingredients and add to wet mixture and mix very well.
- Pour into a sprayed 9 x 13 pan or into 2 sprayed loaf pans.
- Bake 9 x 13 for about 35 minutes in preheated oven until done, or 2 loaves about an hour.
- Sift over powdered sugar, if desired.