Recipe by Zeph's Wife
Found this in the local newspaper just in time to make my Dad his chocolate cream pie for Thanksgiving which he loves. My Dad being a heart patient, I'm looking for ways to lower the fat in everything nowadays.
- 1⁄3 cup cocoa
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 1⁄4 cups nonfat milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine cocoa, sugar, cornstarch and salt in a large pot.
- Over medium-high heat, gradually blend in milk and vanilla.
- Bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Boil and stir until thickened and cornstarch is cooked.
- Pour into individual cups, or a pre-cooked pie shell, and chill in refrigerator until set.
- Note: times might not be correct. I used 20 minute to combine ingred. and stir the pot. Used 35 minute for refrigerator time to set the pudding. Since I haven't made this yet, I don't really know the times.