Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From Quakeroatmeal.com If you want to use margarine, you can decrease the applesauce/apple butter to 3/4 cup and add 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) of margarine, softened.
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 3⁄4 cup apple butter or 3⁄4 cup applesauce
- 2 egg whites or 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons nonfat milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg (optional)
- 3 cups Quaker Oats (quick or old fashioned, uncooked)
- 1 cup diced dried mixed fruit or 1 cup raisins
- Heat oven to 350°F Lightly spray cookie sheets with cooking spray.
- In large bowl, beat sugars and margarine until well blended. Add apple butter, egg whites, milk and vanilla; beat well. Add combined flour, baking soda, cinnamon, salt and nutmeg, if desired; mix well. Add oats and dried fruit; mix well. (Dough will be moist.).
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls onto cookie sheets.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until edges are light golden brown. Cool 1 minute on cookie sheets; remove to wire rack. Cool completely. Store tightly covered.