From Quakeroatmeal.com If you want to use margarine, you can decrease the applesauce/apple butter to 3/4 cup and add 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) of margarine, softened.
My Private Note
dozen c ...
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup apple butter or 3/4 cup applesauce
- 2 egg whites or 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons nonfat milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg (optional)
- 3 cups Quaker Oats (quick or old fashioned, uncooked)
- 1 cup diced dried mixed fruit or 1 cup raisins
- 1Heat oven to 350°F Lightly spray cookie sheets with cooking spray.
- 2In large bowl, beat sugars and margarine until well blended. Add apple butter, egg whites, milk and vanilla; beat well. Add combined flour, baking soda, cinnamon, salt and nutmeg, if desired; mix well. Add oats and dried fruit; mix well. (Dough will be moist.).
- 3Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls onto cookie sheets.
- 4Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until edges are light golden brown. Cool 1 minute on cookie sheets; remove to wire rack. Cool completely. Store tightly covered.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for No Fat Chewy Oatmeal Spice Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (24 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 42
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 72.9
- Calories from Fat 3
- Total Fat 0.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 35.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 8.1 g
- Protein 1.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
dried mixed fruit