Recipe by Faith <3
Top Review by SAHS
These brownies had a very nice, satisfying consistency and texture, but they could have definitely used more of a chocolate flavor - the applesauce sort of overpowered the cocoa powder. If I make these again, I'll add chocolate chips and cut the applesauce to 1/2 cup.
- 2⁄3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 egg whites, lightly beaten
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spray a square non-stick baking pan (8 inch x 8 inch) with non-stick cooking spray.
- Combine the ingredients in a large mixing bowl, blend well. Pour batter into pan and bake 20-30 minutes until cooked. To test if batter is cooked, insert a toothpick. If it comes out clean, brownie is cooked.
- Remove from oven and let cool for five minutes in pan.
- Gently remove from pan; place on wire rack and when cool, sprinkle with icing sugar if desired. Cut into eight squares. Enjoy!