Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 hrs
This is a nice basic recipe for refried beans that we use regularly. I've listed the spices that I use, but feel free to use your favorites and maybe even add some cheese if you like. Cooking time includes 8 hour soaking time.
- 1 lb pinto beans, sorted and rinsed
- 1 lb pink beans, sorted and rinsed
- kroger brand all-purpose seasoning
- garli-garni seasoning (from garlicfestival.com)
- Soak and cook beans according to package directions. Drain and reserve cooking liquid.
- With Stick blender, blend beans until smooth, adding reserved water gradually until desired consistancy is reached.
- Add seasonings to taste.
- Divide into 5 zip-top baggies. Lay flat in freezer until solid.
- Store in freezer until ready to use.
- Thaw; then reheat in microwave to use.