Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 mins
These cookies are a wonderful snack when you realy want a sweet, peanut buttery, chocolate treat. You don't add any fat to this recipe so to keep the cookies soft we use applesauce and the fat that is naturaly in the peanut butter. The calorie count on these cookies make a couple of trips to the cookie jar not such a bad thing!
- 1 cup applesauce, unsweetened
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup cocoa
- 1 cup brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a large bowl beat applesauce, peanut butter, sugar, brown sugar and eggs on medium speed until well mixed.
- Stir together flour, baking soda, and salt; gradually add to applesauce mixture, until well blended. Stir in cocoa.
- Drop by teaspoons onto an ungreased cookie sheet. I actually use a small cookie scoop (found in any kitchen shop) so that all the cookies are the same size and you can be sure of the calories.
- Bake for 8 minutes.
These were pretty good; the dough was very sticky, though! May want to spray the cookie scoop w/ nonstick spray :-)
I substituted the eggs by milk and left out the applesauce in order to make them crunchier as i needed to be able to keep them longer. Next time i will add some oats as well. I like those cookies a lot, the give you a ReeseÂ´s kind of feeling without any guilt :-D
VERY NICE TASTING PB COOKIES! Took these to a park pot luck along with several other cookie treats & these were well received! I use some homemade applesauce that I had on hand, as well as some dark brown sugar that I'd 'made' myself, & these turned out just great! Thanks for sharing a keeper of a recipe! [Made & reviewed for one of my adopted orphans in the current Pick A Chef]