1/4 Photos of no-fail , way easy chocolate ganache
After having some batches of ganache seize, turn grainy, or not quite melt the chocolate correctly, I wanted an easy way. This is shamefully easy. I use this for frosting when I'm in a hurry. It also can be shaped into balls that people who aren't purists might call truffles. About 5 minutes to make, about 30 or more to cool. (Unless you use the speedier, more labor intensive meth
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 473.18 ml chocolate chips (can use just about any kind of chocolate if you don't have chips around -- just be sure to add sugar)
- 236.59 ml heavy cream
- 14.79-44.37 ml butter (or even more if you like it, it adds shine)
- sugar (I like it not too sweet, so I add just a couple of tablespoons)
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 1Dump the chips and butter into a food processor.
- 2Bring the cream and sugar to a boil.
- 3Don't burn it!
- 4Dump cream mixture into chips, turn processor on.
- 5Once it's mixed, cover and stick in fridge until the mix is the right texture for frosting.
- 6If you're in a hurry, put some ice cubes in a big bowl, and the chocolate mix in a smaller bowl.
- 7Place the bowl with chocolate into the larger bowl on top of the icecubes (No! Don't put the cubes into the chocolate mix!) Stir and the mixture will thicken as it cools.
- 8Perfect and yummy.
- 9Don't work it too much or it loses its shine-- though it's always delicious.
- 10I imagine a blender will work-- you might have to add more cream to supply more liquid.
- 11I haven't tried.
- 12Add vanilla or, for a more grown-up taste, substitute a tablespoon of Kalua or Grand Marnier.
- 13For truffles, let the mix cool longer, form into balls and sprinkle with confectioner's sugar.
Browse Our Top Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for no-fail , way easy chocolate ganache
Serving Size: 1 (13 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 849.2
- Calories from Fat 601
- Total Fat 66.7 g
- Saturated Fat 40.5 g
- Cholesterol 118.8 mg
- Sodium 76.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 73.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.6 g
- Sugars 61.3 g
- Protein 6.3 g