1/7 Photos of No Fail Sugar Cookies
2 hrs 20 mins
I found this while buying a cookie cutter for DH's B-day. The claim is that these cookies won't spread during baking, so it is perfect for intricate cookie cutters. Make sure you preheat the oven for at least 30 minutes.
My Private Note
dozen c ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cream butter and sugar.
- 2Add eggs and vanilla.
- 3Mix dry ingredients and add to butter mixture.
- 4Mix well.
- 5Chill for 1 to 2 hours or see HINT below.
- 6Roll to desired thickness and cut into desired shapes.
- 7Bake on an ungreased baking sheet at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes or until just beginning to turn brown around the edges.
- 8HINT: Rolling out dough without the mess-rather than wait for the dough to chill, take freshly made dough and place a glob between two sheets of parchment paper.
- 9Roll it out to the desired thickness then place the dough with paper on a cookie sheet and pop it in the refrigerator.
- 10Continue rolling dough between paper until you have used it all.
- 11By the time you finish preparing the dough, the first batch will be chilled and ready to cut.
- 12Reroll left over dough and repeat the process.
- 13An added bonus is that you aren't adding any more flour to the cookies by rolling them out the old fashioned way.
Browse Our Top Rolled Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolled Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for No Fail Sugar Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (1732 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 963.4
- Calories from Fat 433
- Total Fat 48.1 g
- Saturated Fat 29.6 g
- Cholesterol 168.5 mg
- Sodium 852.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 122.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 50.3 g
- Protein 11.7 g