Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This is a "fix it and forget it" dish. Prep is fast and easy and the results are delicious. Serve with a salad and be sure to have some crusty bread to soak up the delicious juices. This is an adaptation of a recipe my mother-in-law introduced me to a few years ago.
- 6 bone-in center-cut pork chops (any thickness)
- 3 large baking potatoes, each cut into 6 wedges
- 2 large sweet potatoes, each cut into 6 wedges
- 3 stalks celery, cut into 1-inch slices
- 1 large sweet onion, sliced into 1/2-inch slices
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 (14 ounce) can beef broth
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- Layer pork chops in a single layer in a 13" X 9" X 2" baking dish.
- Spread vegetables over and around pork chops.
- Sprinkle minced garlic over pork chops and vegetables.
- Pour beef broth over all.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Cover dish tightly with aluminum foil.
- Bake at 250 degrees for 2 1/2 hours.