1/1 Photo of No Fail Pizza Dough
2 hrs 20 mins
I call this "no fail" simply because I can do it! LOL All of my previous pizza dough attempts have always been failed attempts. I thought I had given up all together but my love for pizza, and big craving for it last week made me decide to give it one more try. So I looked at a lot of recipes that claimed to be easy or no-fail and carefully compared each ingredient before deciding which one to use. The final product turned out so good that I’ve made it 3 times since (yes within the last week!), and today I dared to make a couple minor changes to the original recipe… with great results! Hope you enjoy! Note: If you don’t have a pizza stone, this recipe works fine on a pizza pan too, I’ve tried 2 different pans in addition to the stone and all 3 ways had very comparable results.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large bowl, combine the hot water, yeast, honey and 1 tablespoon of the olive oil. Let the mixture sit for 5-10 minutes.
- 2In a separate bowl measure out the all purpose and whole wheat flour and give it a quick stir to combine.
- 3Add 1 ½ cups of the flour, along with the salt and garlic powder, to the water and yeast mixture. Mix by hand until smooth. Continue adding the rest of the flour, about 1/4 cup at a time, working the dough after each addition, until dough is smooth. You may not need all of the flour.
- 4Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead until the dough is smooth but still slightly tacky, about 3 minutes.
- 5In a large mixing bowl add remaining olive oil. Place the dough in the bowl, turning to coat with the oil. Cover with plastic wrap and set in a warm, draft-free place until double in size (about 1 to 1 ½ hours).
- 6Pound the dough down and divide into 2 balls to make two 8” pizzas, or keep as one large ball to make a 16” pizza. Let dough sit for 5 minutes.
- 7Roll dough out to desired size and let sit for 20 minutes to allow the crust to rise a little before adding toppings.
- 8Add desired sauce, toppings and cheese.
- 9Cook on a preheated pizza stone on lowest rack at 450 degrees for 15-20 minutes.
Browse Our Top Flat-Shaped Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Flat-Shaped Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for No Fail Pizza Dough
Serving Size: 1 (166 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 816.6
- Calories from Fat 149
- Total Fat 16.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1173.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 146.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.0 g
- Sugars 6.2 g
- Protein 22.8 g