Recipe by ~Leanne~
Really I swear it is, if I can make it anybody can. I can bake anything but when it came to pastries, well let's just say not my strong point, this is very easy to do. This dough also freezes very well wrapped in plastic wrap.
- 4 cups flour
- 2 cups lard
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl mix flour, baking powder, brown sugar.
- Add lard and work with pastry fork until it resembles course meal.
- In a 1 cup measuring cup put egg, vinegar and enough cold water to fill cup.
- Add to dry ingrdients.
- Mix this until all dry ingredients are moist.
- Form in balls and roll into pies.