1/1 Photo of No-fail Moist Chocolate Cake
Tracy K's Note:
This recipe was originally posted on another message board and tweaked by several people there... thanks to Sue B and CM for this great recipe! It makes a super-moist, deeply chocolatey cake that is a no-fail choice for sheet cakes and layer cakes alike. It is just as easy to make as a boxed cake and tastes a million times better.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350.
- 2Prepare pans (makes one 9x13 sheet cake or two 8- or 9-inch layers) by greasing and flouring (use cocoa powder to avoid white residue).
- 3In a large bowl, stir Group One ingredients together and set aside.
- 4In another large bowl, stir Group Two ingredients together.
- 5Stir Group Two (dry ingredients) into Group One.
- 6It is quite a liquidy batter, so do not be alarmed!
- 7Pour batter into prepared pans (fill no more than 2/3 full).
- 8You may have extra batter, if so make a few cupcakes!
- 9Rap baking pans sharply on the counter to release air bubbles.
- 10Bake at 350 until edges are slightly dry, cake springs back when lightly pressed in the center, and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean or with a few crumbs.
- 11Baking times will vary based on pan size, but check at 40 minutes and continue checking every 5 minutes thereafter.
- 12For cupcakes, check at 15 minutes.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for No-fail Moist Chocolate Cake
Serving Size: 1 (1571 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 4928.2
- Calories from Fat 2254
- Total Fat 250.4 g
- Saturated Fat 41.4 g
- Cholesterol 753.8 mg
- Sodium 4249.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 641.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 28.1 g
- Sugars 414.0 g
- Protein 71.7 g