1/1 Photo of No-Fail Microwave Hollandaise Sauce
Jamie in North Carolina's Note:
I have the worst luck with Hollandaise Sauce. Clumpy because I over cook it and the butter seperates or fear of under cooked egg yokes. I found this recipe and gave it a try. It is delicious! Tastes just like real sauce and so easy to make! Just make sure you do not cook for more than 1 minute total!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Put butter in a safe 4-cup measure. Microwave 20 sec. on high, until butter is soft but not melted. (This may take up to 60 seconds if the butter is cold from the fridge.).
- 2In a small bowl, mix yolks and lemon juice.
- 3Add mixture to softened butter. Let set for 1 minute.
- 4Microwave on high, stopping to whisk every 15 sec.
- 5The mixture WILL be lumpy for the first two whippings. Sauce is done when smooth and thick. Do not over work.
Browse Our Top Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for No-Fail Microwave Hollandaise Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (187 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 163.8
- Calories from Fat 158
- Total Fat 17.6 g
- Saturated Fat 10.5 g
- Cholesterol 132.9 mg
- Sodium 139.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 1.5 g