1/1 Photo of No-Fail Microwave Hollandaise Sauce
Jamie in North Carolina's Note:
I have the worst luck with Hollandaise Sauce. Clumpy because I over cook it and the butter seperates or fear of under cooked egg yokes. I found this recipe and gave it a try. It is delicious! Tastes just like real sauce and so easy to make! Just make sure you do not cook for more than 1 minute total!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Put butter in a safe 4-cup measure. Microwave 20 sec. on high, until butter is soft but not melted. (This may take up to 60 seconds if the butter is cold from the fridge.).
- 2In a small bowl, mix yolks and lemon juice.
- 3Add mixture to softened butter. Let set for 1 minute.
- 4Microwave on high, stopping to whisk every 15 sec.
- 5The mixture WILL be lumpy for the first two whippings. Sauce is done when smooth and thick. Do not over work.
Browse Our Top Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for No-Fail Microwave Hollandaise Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (187 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 163.8
- Calories from Fat 158
- Total Fat 17.6 g
- Saturated Fat 10.5 g
- Cholesterol 132.9 mg
- Sodium 139.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 1.5 g