Prep 3 mins
Cook 1 min
I have the worst luck with Hollandaise Sauce. Clumpy because I over cook it and the butter seperates or fear of under cooked egg yokes. I found this recipe and gave it a try. It is delicious! Tastes just like real sauce and so easy to make! Just make sure you do not cook for more than 1 minute total!
- Put butter in a safe 4-cup measure. Microwave 20 sec. on high, until butter is soft but not melted. (This may take up to 60 seconds if the butter is cold from the fridge.).
- In a small bowl, mix yolks and lemon juice.
- Add mixture to softened butter. Let set for 1 minute.
- Microwave on high, stopping to whisk every 15 sec.
- The mixture WILL be lumpy for the first two whippings. Sauce is done when smooth and thick. Do not over work.
Fast & easy. I made as listed with just a little salt & freshly ground black pepper added to suit our taste with no problems. If it does separate just add a little boiling water & whisk it in and this should bring the mix back to creamy :) A keeper in my book.
I have successfully made Hollandaise the traditional way many times, but who would keep doing so after trying out this recipe? It takes 3mn, has never failed me (I have made it like 20 times!), tastes perfect (I do add a little salt and pepper), turns out smooth and satiny....I don't think I will ever make it the stovetop way again. Thank you for making my life easier. If you are reading the comments because you are unsure, doubt no longer and go get your microwave-safe bowl! :)
Fast, easy and great instructions, but most of all: DELICIOUS! It's a hit! This will be my go-to Hollandaise!