Recipe by PeachWeb
This recipe uses cream of mushroom soup to help maintain its creaminess, so now anyone can take mac & cheese to a pot luck dinner without worrying about it coagulating into a lumpy, unappealing mess. You cannot taste the mushroom at all--and, when I reveal it is in there everyone is always surprised.
- 8 -10 ounces uncooked pasta (elbow, shells, no-yolk noodles)
- 3⁄4 cup Velveeta cheese
- 1⁄4 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup milk (soured)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook macaroni according to the package directions. Drain.
- In a saucepan, heat cream of mushroom soup over medium heat. Stir in milk and cheeses. Cook over low heat until cheese has melted and the sauce is a little thick. Add drained pasta and stir well.
- ** Cook time will vary according to the pasta you use. The cheese sauce will be ready in less than 10 minutes.
- ** For additional pizzazz, you could place finished mac & cheese in a oven-safe dish, top with breadcrumbs and/or bacon bits and place in 350 degree oven for about 15 minutes or until breadcrumbs have browned.