Prep 30 mins
Cook 35 mins
My favorite brownies recipe! Each bite is loaded with chocolate flavor and it isn't too sweet either. If you love brownies then you have to try this simple recipe!
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate (I use Hershey's)
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (optional)
- 1 tablespoon margarine (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celcius.
- In a small saucepan, melt chocolate with 1/2 cup of margarine over low heat.
- Remember to stir constantly until well blended and looks smooth.
- Remove from heat.
- Cool for 5-10 minutes.
- In a bowl, mix together sugar, eggs, and vanilla.
- Beat mixture until fluffy.
- Add flour, salt and chocolate mixture.
- Blend well.
- Pour into prepared (greased) pan.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes.
- Remember not to overbake.
- Cool for 40 minutes to 1 hour.
- In a small saucepan, melt chocolate chips and margarine together over low heat until smooth.
- Drizzle mixture over cooled brownies.
- Wait till it sets then cut into bars.
they were really dry and none of my family liked them
Outrageous brownies! I baked them at 350° for only 25 minutes and they were perfect! Used butter instead of margarine and left off the glaze. They are plenty sweet without it. Thanks so much for posting this awesome recipe!