1/1 Photo of No Fail Easy Challah Egg Bread Bread Machine
1 hr 30 mins
easist challah ever -- my bread machine has a quick dough cycle in which only one rise happens -- it is only used for quick yeast. time does not include rise time
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place all ingredients ( except second egg and poppy seeds) in bread machine pan.
- 2For dough cycle -- use 1 1/2 tsp yeast
- 3For Quick Dough Cycle---.
- 4( NOT QUICK BREAD) use 2 tsp quick yeast.
- 5Run dough cycle and remove dough.
- 6On floured board shape dough into 3 long rolled pieces.
- 8Put braid on cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- 9Let rise at least 1 hour.
- 10Beat egg and use paintbrush to paint challah braid.
- 11Sprinkle poppy seeds.
- 12Bake in preheated oven at 375 degrees 20 minutes or more ( until golden brown).
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for No Fail Easy Challah Egg Bread Bread Machine
Serving Size: 1 (104 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 361.5
- Calories from Fat 99
- Total Fat 11.1 g
- Saturated Fat 6.1 g
- Cholesterol 94.7 mg
- Sodium 482.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 53.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 10.6 g