Top Review by Chef shapeweaver �
I've been in a " Brownie Craving Mode " lately and I came across this recipe and decided to try it. Since I didn't have any walnuts or chocolate chips, the same amount of peanut butter/chocolate blend chips were used Other than that change, the recipe was followed as it was written.After pouring it into the prepared dish, I realized that I didn't have the required patience it took to spread this out.:) So I sprayed a plastic spatula with a bit of cooking spray, spread the batter around that way.After the intital baking time, I did have to bake the recipe a bit longer than stated.( I think my oven isn't working right, but as long as it worked out it's o.k..) Now, on to the best part, the tasting :) All I can say is, " OMGoodness !!!! The one that I had was so good, I had to have another one right away. Thanks for posting this recipe which will be made again and again. " Keep Smiling :) "
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) dark chocolate cake mix
- 1⁄2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1⁄3 cup dark brown sugar (if you like a less sweeter taste use 1/4 cup)
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3⁄4 cup chopped walnuts or 3⁄4 cup chocolate chips
- frosting, of you choice
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 375 degrees (second-lowest rack).
- Grease an 11x7 or a 13x9-inch baking pan (the brownies baked in a 13x9 pan will not be as high).
- In a large bowl using an electric mixer beat all ingredients except walnuts or chocolate chips until smooth (the batter will be thick).
- Add in walnuts of chocolate chips mix to combine.
- Spread into the prepared baking dish (the batter will be very thick so have patience!).
- Bake for about 25-30 minutes (do not overbake).
- Cool completely before frosting.