Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is the recipe on the side of the Hodgson Mill Milled Flax Seed box, only substituting flax seed for the egg.
- 1⁄4 cup ground flax seeds
- 3⁄4 cup whole wheat flour
- 3⁄4 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seeds
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 1⁄2 cups finely chopped apples
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1⁄2 cup soymilk
- Blend dry ingredients together in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl; combine flaxseed, water, oil, and milk.
- Add dry ingredients to "egg" mixture and stir just until blended.
- Fold in apples and nuts. Batter will be thick.
- Fill well-greased muffin cups 2/3 full.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 18-20 minutes or until top springs back when touched.
Something is severely wrong with this recipe. The muffins did not rise at all, and I'm sure I followed the instructions correctly. Nevertheless - the recipe made some nice apple 'n' flax biscuits!