Recipe by GertieMcFlirty
This is the recipe on the side of the Hodgson Mill Milled Flax Seed box, only substituting flax seed for the egg.
Top Review by VegLover
Something is severely wrong with this recipe. The muffins did not rise at all, and I'm sure I followed the instructions correctly. Nevertheless - the recipe made some nice apple 'n' flax biscuits!
- 1⁄4 cup ground flax seeds
- 3⁄4 cup whole wheat flour
- 3⁄4 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seeds
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 1⁄2 cups finely chopped apples
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1⁄2 cup soymilk
Directions See How It's Made
- Blend dry ingredients together in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl; combine flaxseed, water, oil, and milk.
- Add dry ingredients to "egg" mixture and stir just until blended.
- Fold in apples and nuts. Batter will be thick.
- Fill well-greased muffin cups 2/3 full.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 18-20 minutes or until top springs back when touched.