Recipe by crazy crafter
This is the NOG without the EGG. Great for egg allergy sufferers who still like the egg-nog taste, just milder.
Top Review by DRCarrier
This was awesome! I made a double batch and used less cinnamon and nutmeg (~ 1/2 tsp for a double batch). We also added a little bit of brandy and served chilled. This wonderful drink was accompanied by a toffee biscotti. It was a great snack before dinner.
- 8 ounces milk (1 glass)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 -2 tablespoon sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat 8 oz. of milk in microwave safe mug until hot (not boiling).
- remove from microwave and stir in sugar, vanilla, & ginger ( to taste - use more if too mild for you ).
- sprinkle with all of the cinnamon & nutmeg ( use more if you'd like ) and enjoy.
- To make it special you can add your favorite Brandy or,1 1/2 Tbs.Cocoa Powder, or both ( to taste ).
- This recipe can be easily doubled or tripled to make for more than one person, and can be heated on the stove top in a saucepan too.
- *And if you prefer it cold like most egg-nog you buy, just refrigerate until chilled, stir/shake and serve.