1/1 Photo of No-Egg Hazelnut Ice Cream
Ames Shaps's Note:
I love to make ice cream with my ice cream maker, but I hate the hassle of making a custard base with all the extra egg yolks and heating and cooling times. This is a quick, easy, healthier alternative to making a custard base, and I actually prefer it because it is tastes lighter. You can vary the additives--here I use hazelnut liqueur and hazelnuts, but I'll post some other versions that I particularly like. I use skim milk because that's what I usually have around, but milk with more fat will give it a richer texture/flavor.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine cream and milk in a large bowl. Add sugar and stir until dissolved.
- 2Add hazelnut liqueur (here is where I would taste--add more liqueur or sugar to your liking).
- 3Stir in chopped hazelnuts.
- 4Add mixture to ice cream maker and process according to directions (takes 20-30 minutes in my ice cream maker). Freeze for 4 hours or overnight before serving.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for No-Egg Hazelnut Ice Cream
Serving Size: 1 (144 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 329.5
- Calories from Fat 222
- Total Fat 24.7 g
- Saturated Fat 13.9 g
- Cholesterol 82.7 mg
- Sodium 58.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 18.9 g
- Protein 4.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: