1/4 Photos of No Egg/Cream Carbonara
Lori Mama's Note:
I saw this on the Food Network show Quick Fix Meals the other day. I liked the fact that there were no cream or eggs involved in this recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 16 ounces spaghetti
- 1 cup chopped turkey bacon or 1 cup regular bacon
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups low-fat milk
- 1/2 cup low-fat sour cream
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley leaves
- salt & fresh ground pepper
- 1Cook spaghetti according to package directions.
- 2Meanwhile, cook bacon in a large skillet over medium-high heat until golden brown. Add onion and garlic and saute 3 minutes, until onion is soft.
- 3Add oregano and cook 1 minute. Add flour and stir to coat onion.
- 4Add milk and bring to a simmer. Cook 5 minutes, until sauce thickens, stirring frequently.
- 5Remove from heat and stir in sour cream, Parmesan and parsley.
- 6Season, to taste, with salt and black pepper.
- 7Drain pasta and toss with sauce to coat. Serve.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for No Egg/Cream Carbonara
Serving Size: 1 (271 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 555.0
- Calories from Fat 73
- Total Fat 8.1 g
- Saturated Fat 4.2 g
- Cholesterol 21.8 mg
- Sodium 158.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 96.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 8.8 g
- Protein 22.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: