Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I saw this on the Food Network show Quick Fix Meals the other day. I liked the fact that there were no cream or eggs involved in this recipe.
- 16 ounces spaghetti
- 1 cup chopped turkey bacon or 1 cup regular bacon
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups low-fat milk
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley leaves
- salt & fresh ground pepper
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, cook bacon in a large skillet over medium-high heat until golden brown. Add onion and garlic and saute 3 minutes, until onion is soft.
- Add oregano and cook 1 minute. Add flour and stir to coat onion.
- Add milk and bring to a simmer. Cook 5 minutes, until sauce thickens, stirring frequently.
- Remove from heat and stir in sour cream, Parmesan and parsley.
- Season, to taste, with salt and black pepper.
- Drain pasta and toss with sauce to coat. Serve.
Soooooo good!!!! I made this last night & the whole family LOVED IT!!!!!!!!!
This was delicious! My 2 year old loved it!
Delicious! Just whipped this up and my whole family devoured it! I love that it was a bit lighter than the regular creamy pastas out there! Only thing I added were some crushed chili flakes for a bit of heat.
Thanks so much !!