Chef Dudo's Note:
Love ice-cream but am a bit wary about eating raw eggs. Found this in a food magazine years ago. Have made it many times. Hope you enjoy it as much as I do. Another positive point is that no ice-cream machine is needed.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Line a plastic form (yielding about 5 cups) with clingfilm.
- 2Mix water, sugar, cocoa and chocolate in a pan.
- 3While stirring, bring to a soft boil.
- 4Continue stirring until all ingredients are mixed and solved.
- 5Let cool.
- 6Whip the cream until stiff peaks form.
- 7Mix with the cooled chocolate sauce.
- 8Pour the mixture in the form.
- 9Cover with cling film.
- 10Let it freeze for at least 4 hours.
- 11This ice-cream can be kept for months and can be served right from the freezer (does not need to stand and soften).
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for No-egg Chocolate Ice-cream
Serving Size: 1 (65 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 207.0
- Calories from Fat 149
- Total Fat 16.6 g
- Saturated Fat 10.0 g
- Cholesterol 40.7 mg
- Sodium 13.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 10.1 g
- Protein 2.6 g