Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Love ice-cream but am a bit wary about eating raw eggs. Found this in a food magazine years ago. Have made it many times. Hope you enjoy it as much as I do. Another positive point is that no ice-cream machine is needed.
- Line a plastic form (yielding about 5 cups) with clingfilm.
- Mix water, sugar, cocoa and chocolate in a pan.
- While stirring, bring to a soft boil.
- Continue stirring until all ingredients are mixed and solved.
- Let cool.
- Whip the cream until stiff peaks form.
- Mix with the cooled chocolate sauce.
- Pour the mixture in the form.
- Cover with cling film.
- Let it freeze for at least 4 hours.
- This ice-cream can be kept for months and can be served right from the freezer (does not need to stand and soften).