Prep 30 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a awesome recipe for brownies with No Eggs. These are some of the best home made brownies I have had. Please try some of the add ins, but just plain are great also.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3⁄4 cup baking cocoa
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate chips (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries (optional)
- Boil water and 1/2 cup of flour over low heat stirring constantly, until it reaches the consistency of a thin glue paste. Remove from heat and let cool before proceeding.
- Mix sugar, salt, vanilla, cocoa, and oil in large bowl. Then add the flour/water mixture. Mix well.
- Add the remaining 1 1/2 cups flour, baking powder and any of the optional items.
- Spread the mix into a greased 11x7-inch pan. Bake at 350° for 25 minutes, or until a knife can be inserted and come out cleanly.
I am not sure if I just didn't follow the recipe right, but these were so disgusting that I could hardly even stand to smell them.
I made these last night for a gathering. I had just enough time to make them in the 25 minutes stated. They didn't bake in 25 minutes. They didn't bake in an hour. I had to pick up something else to take. I finished baking them after, but they're really soft, so they don't even feel baked. Not my favorite brownie at all, but I'm a harah judge of brownies. They taste okay, but I'll probably just make sure I have eggs or some substitute like banana next time.
I just made these. They took much longer than 25 minutes for me. I knocked the heat up to 375 now. The paste was really thick and didn't thin. I ended up having to use less flour because the batter was extremely thick. I also added some soy milk because it wasn't thin enough. They're super sweet! I also added some chocolate chips. I don't know if it's because I used whole wheat white flour if that's why they're so thick. But if you don't have eggs; these are super sweet and good!