Tastes like a pizza, cuts like a pizza, yet there is no dough....though do have a fork and knife on hand for eating purposes because it can get a little messy if eaten with hands only. I am a South Beach dieter with a love for Italian foods and this is what curbs my craving for pizza. I love mine with the turkey pepperoni slices, onion, green peppers and mushroom. Serve with a tossed salad or marinated veggies.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Meanwhile, brown the ground beef; drain.
- Place meat in a mixing bowl and mix with 1 cup of mozzarella.
- Spread the mixture into a circle on a round pizza pan or baking stone (I prefer the stone); and top with 1/2 cup pizza sauce.
- Top with the rest of the mozzarella, optional toppings and seasonings.
- Bake for about 25 minutes or until cheese is melted and browned.