Prep 5 mins
Cook 40 mins
Tastes like a pizza, cuts like a pizza, yet there is no dough....though do have a fork and knife on hand for eating purposes because it can get a little messy if eaten with hands only. I am a South Beach dieter with a love for Italian foods and this is what curbs my craving for pizza. I love mine with the turkey pepperoni slices, onion, green peppers and mushroom. Serve with a tossed salad or marinated veggies.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1⁄2 cup low-sugar pizza sauce (I use Ragu)
- diced Canadian bacon
- low-fat pepperoni
- turkey pepperoni (optional)
- green pepper
- tomatoes (optional)
- your favorite pizza seasoning, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Meanwhile, brown the ground beef; drain.
- Place meat in a mixing bowl and mix with 1 cup of mozzarella.
- Spread the mixture into a circle on a round pizza pan or baking stone (I prefer the stone); and top with 1/2 cup pizza sauce.
- Top with the rest of the mozzarella, optional toppings and seasonings.
- Bake for about 25 minutes or until cheese is melted and browned.
This was great! I cooked in a pie plate. I sprinkled parmesan cheese under the meat to keep it together. I also cooked onion and garlic with the meat. Even my picky eater loved it!
This was great!! I am on a low carb, high protein diet in order to beat infertility and help control my PCOS. I had been craving pizza and just couldn't find the right substitution. This will definitely make it into my regular rotation. My 10 year old even said he would eat this before regular pizza any day!!
great! I used it with regular pasta sauce and it was slightly watery, but I let it stay longer in the oven to evaporate off. Thanks for the recipe!