Prep 20 mins
Cook 4 hrs
This is sooo good, but not for someone who is watching their calories. The original recipe said it makes a 9 inch pie, but I found the filling was way too much for that size and made it in a spring form pan. Bigger slices in the end, but not so much filling. You could of course make it in a pie plate if you wish too. Adapted from the back of Borden's sweetened condensed milk.
- 1⁄3 cup butter or 1⁄3 cup margarine
- 1 (6 ounce) bag semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 1⁄2 cups crispy rice cereal
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 3⁄4 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup whipping cream, whipped
- For the crust:.
- Melt butter or margarine in saucepan along with the chips.
- Add the rice cereal and mix to coat.
- Press in a 11" spring form pan which has been sprayed with release coating.
- Chill until firm.
- In a large mixing bowl, whip cream cheese until fluffy.
- Beat in peanut butter and condensed milk until smooth.
- Stir in vanilla and lemon juice.
- Fold in whipped cream.
- Turn into crust and chill until set, approximately 4 hours.
- Refrigerate any leftovers.
Wonderfully rich dessert, Lori! We loved it! I followed the recipe, as written, except I used a 10 inch springform pan. I think a 9 inch one would work as well. I'm not sure if I whipped my cream enough, but that didn't hinder the taste one bit! DS loved it too (of course!) and has asked for it a couple of times, tho I really don't want to share ;-) ! I'll definitely be making this pie again. Thanks for sharing with us, Lori Mama!
Oh, my! This was superb! I microwaved the butter and chocolate for about a minute instead of on the stove. I also used natural creamy peanut butter as my daughter doesn't like chunky. This is to die for!! :) Thanks for posting!