Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a lowfat, high fiber banana bread that uses no eggs or milk. Nuts are optional.
- 4 medium ripe bananas
- 1 lb soft tofu, drained
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup oat flour
- 3 cups white flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Spray (2) 8.5 x 4.5 x 2" loaf pans with cooking spray.
- Blend the tofu and bananas together in a food processor or mixer until smooth.
- Scrape down the sides, Add sugars and vanilla; Process until fully blended.
- In a medium bowl, mix together flours, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Add flour mixture to the banana mixture and beat or pulse in a food processor just until smooth.
- By hand, fold in nuts, if using.
- Spread batter into prepared pans.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until lightly browned, springy to the touch, and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on a wire rack for 30 minutes.
bread was moist and yummy. i think i might add one more banana to really give it a nice banana flavor.
A nice tasting recipe, we loved it to go with our lunch. Next time I might add a little more brown sugar, and cut down on the granulated sugar.. All in all it was very very good, and well enjoyed.