Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This trifle has been the only one I knew of until I met my partner. I never knew that people put custard and/or jelly in them. I prefer this way, mainly I think because I was brought up on it, but still it is very yummy. I hope you enjoy it as much as we have.
- 2 single trifle sponge cakes
- 500 ml whipped cream
- 1 tablespoon sugar for cream
- 3 tablespoons tbsps sherry wine (or to taste)
- lime flavoued soft drink, to moisten sponge any flavour will do
- canned fruit, drained. any variety
- fresh strawberries, bananas, kiwifruit for topping
- Whip cream in bowl and set aside for later.
- Put sponge into bowl, tip fizz on top to moisten,add a little sherry, and mash until it looks like mashed potato.
- Halve sponge mix and put some aside.
- On top of first lot of sponge put some tinned fruit on the sponge and then add whipped cream.
- Keep layering for around 3 layers of each, ending with the cream on top.
- Arrange fresh fruit on top, and refridgerate until needed.
- Lasts no more than 2 days in the fridge.
- Last but not least. enjoy!