Chef #1425686's Note:
This trifle has been the only one I knew of until I met my partner. I never knew that people put custard and/or jelly in them. I prefer this way, mainly I think because I was brought up on it, but still it is very yummy. I hope you enjoy it as much as we have.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Whip cream in bowl and set aside for later.
- 2Put sponge into bowl, tip fizz on top to moisten,add a little sherry, and mash until it looks like mashed potato.
- 3Halve sponge mix and put some aside.
- 4On top of first lot of sponge put some tinned fruit on the sponge and then add whipped cream.
- 5Keep layering for around 3 layers of each, ending with the cream on top.
- 6Arrange fresh fruit on top, and refridgerate until needed.
- 7Lasts no more than 2 days in the fridge.
- 8Last but not least. enjoy!
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for No Custard Trifle
Serving Size: 1 (59 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 87.3
- Calories from Fat 44
- Total Fat 4.9 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 16.8 mg
- Sodium 28.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 0.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
single trifle sponge cakes