Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
This came from a Bisquick box in 1983 and I make it over and over again and my family loves it till today. A quick and easy lunch or as an appetizer, you'll love this as well.
- 3 cups grated zucchini
- 1 cup Bisquick
- 1⁄2 cup canola oil
- 4 eggs (beaten)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 3⁄4 cup parmesan cheese (grated)
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese (grated)
- 3 tablespoons parsley (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- In a large mixing bowl, grate zucchini; set aside.
- Combine Bisquick, oil, eggs and mix well.
- Add zucchini, onion, cheeses, parsley, salt and pepper.
- Pour zucchini batter into a greased 9" x 14" baking pan, then place fresh tomato slices on top; sprinkle with more mozzarella before placing in oven.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and bake for 45 minutes.
- Center will be slightly firm to the touch and color will be light golden in color.
- Note: I've cut the prep-time by placing all the ingredients (not zucchini) in the food processor and then mixing in the zucchini at the last before placing in the baking pan.
This was great!! The only thing I would change is to double it to bake in a 9 x 13. One recipe in the 9 x 13 made it awfully thin.
You're absolutely right Tata...There is a mistake in this recipe because it should be in a 9" round pie plate. But I have made it in a rectangle when I used it as appetizers when you want it thin. I then cut it into approx. 1-1/2" squares, thinly slice a cherry tomato and chopped black olives. Thanks for trying it and I'm happy you liked it!
I made some tweaks and it was almost gone before it completely cooled!!!<br/>I used 6 egges for a more quiche like consistency, 1 small grated potato to help bind the extra eggs and made my own 'Bisquick' since I didn't have any on hand. I used an 8x8 pan and baked at 350 for 50 minutes. <br/>Going out to the garden to see if i have another zucchini to make another one!!! so so fluffy, golden and YUMMY!!!!!!!!