1/1 Photo of No Crust Ricotta Cheesecake
1 hr 20 mins
1 hr 20 mins
This is an especially simple cheesecake because it has no crust at all. It is made with ricotta cheese, according to a traditional Italian recipe, and it’s lighter and fluffier than New York Cheesecake.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Coat the inside of a 9-inch springform pan with cooking spray.
- 2Place the ricotta cheese in a strainer set over a bowl and let stand for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, to drain off excess moisture.
- 3Place the egg whites in a large mixing bowl and beat on high speed with an electric mixer fitted with a whisk attachment until the whites just hold stiff peaks. Do not overwhip. The whites should look smooth, not grainy.
- 4Combine the egg yolks and granulated sugar in another large mixing bowl and beat on high speed until pale yellow, about 5 minutes. Stir in the ricotta, vanilla, lemon zest, cinnamon, and nutmeg until just combined. Fold the egg whites into the ricotta mixture with a rubber spatula. Place the prepared springform pan on a baking sheet and pour in the filling.
- 5Bake the cheesecake until it is deep golden brown and pulling away from the sides of the pan, about 1 hour and 20 minutes. As soon as the cake is out of the oven, run a sharp paring knife around the edge of the pan to separate the cheesecake from the sides of the pan. Transfer the pan to a wire rack and let the cheesecake cool completely. Cover it with plastic wrap and refrigerate it until serving, at least 6 hour and up to 1 day.
- 6Before serving, remove the sides of the pan and dust with confectioners’ sugar. Makes 8 to 10 servings.
- 7Mom’s Big Book of Baking.
Browse Our Top Cheesecake Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheesecake Recipes
Nutritional Facts for No Crust Ricotta Cheesecake
Serving Size: 1 (129 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 306.9
- Calories from Fat 156
- Total Fat 17.3 g
- Saturated Fat 10.0 g
- Cholesterol 193.7 mg
- Sodium 142.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 17.2 g
- Protein 16.7 g