Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
I think my mom got this recipe off the back of a Bisquick box. We loved it so much she made it weekly partly because it is so easy to make. Still a big hit today, everyone I've ever made it for loves it.
- 226.79 g sliced bacon
- 236.59 ml shredded swiss cheese
- 78.07 ml chopped onion
- 473.18 ml milk
- 236.59 ml Bisquick
- 4 eggs
- 1.23 ml salt
- 0.59 ml pepper
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Fry bacon until almost burnt. Crush into little pieces.
- Lightly grease pie plate with butter.
- Sprinkle bacon, cheese, and onion in pie plate.
- For extra bacon flavor sprinkle a little bacon fat onto pie pan.
- Beat remaining ingredients until smooth.
- Pour evenly into pie plate over other ingredients.
- Bake until top in golden and knife comes out clean, about 40 minutes.
- Let stand 5 minutes before cutting.
Made this quiche a dozen times and it is a favorite around here. It is so flexible that you should have fun and be creative as to what incredients to use...change bacon to ham or tuna, change swiss cheese to taco blended cheese, etc. Use the healthy bisquick, lots of veggies and egg substitute and it is an enjoyable but also healthy meal. As mentioned before, quiche purests may not approve but I think most everyone will love this.
This was just what I was looking for! I added a package of thawed, drained, and squeezed spinach for color and flavor, used turkey bacon, sauteed the onion in the bacon drippings, and instead of regular milk, I used a 12 oz can evaporated milk and skim milk for the other 1/2 cup. I also used a variety of cheese because Swiss is not my favorite...a handful of cheddar, a handful of mozzarella, and the rest was Swiss. It was delish! For quiche purists, it won't fly, but I just wanted a yummy brunch and it fit the bill perfectly!
So rich, so easy, and with the new transfat-free Bisquick, egg substitute and turkey bacon it's not all that unhealthy. It certainly tastes good. A lightly dressed green salad is the perfect accompaniment. Great for breakfast , lunch or supper, Toni.