Recipe by Toni Boni
I think my mom got this recipe off the back of a Bisquick box. We loved it so much she made it weekly partly because it is so easy to make. Still a big hit today, everyone I've ever made it for loves it.
Top Review by yensid59
Made this quiche a dozen times and it is a favorite around here. It is so flexible that you should have fun and be creative as to what incredients to use...change bacon to ham or tuna, change swiss cheese to taco blended cheese, etc. Use the healthy bisquick, lots of veggies and egg substitute and it is an enjoyable but also healthy meal. As mentioned before, quiche purests may not approve but I think most everyone will love this.
- 1⁄2 lb sliced bacon
- 1 cup shredded swiss cheese
- 1⁄3 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup Bisquick
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Fry bacon until almost burnt. Crush into little pieces.
- Lightly grease pie plate with butter.
- Sprinkle bacon, cheese, and onion in pie plate.
- For extra bacon flavor sprinkle a little bacon fat onto pie pan.
- Beat remaining ingredients until smooth.
- Pour evenly into pie plate over other ingredients.
- Bake until top in golden and knife comes out clean, about 40 minutes.
- Let stand 5 minutes before cutting.