Prep 20 mins
Cook 55 mins
My friend made this for me and gave me the recipe when I was in high school 20 yrs ago and I still make this for breakfast or dinner sometimes. You can make this with pre-cooked bacon to save time.
- 1 cup shredded colby-monterey jack cheese
- 1 lb cooked bacon, crumbled or 1 lb cooked sausage
- 1⁄4 cup diced onion
- 1⁄2 cup Bisquick
- 2 cups milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- In greased 9 inches pie plate spread cheese, onion and bacon.
- In blender or with electric mixer beat milk, bisquick, eggs and salt for 1 minute until frothy.
- Pour over cheese mixture.
- Sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake 350 degrees for 50-55 minute.
- Let stand for 5 minute before cutting.
I took a shot at this using 4 large eggs and the results were good! I'm not a morning person so this recipe filled the bill. It is quick to put together (I keep a bag of diced onions in my freezer) and satisfies my breakfast cravings. I'll be making this again!