Recipe by Mbunchj8
This is an easy to make no-crust peach pie. It is a favorite of everyone's at parties. The inspiration for the pie came from recipezaar Peaches & cream cheese pie. I have since made changes to reflect my personal tastes and enjoyment with cooking. The vanilla liquor and vanilla powder add a depth to the recipe that leaves you guessing what-else is in the pie.
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 4 3⁄4 ounces vanilla pudding (Non-Instant)
- 3 tablespoons butter (soft)
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 (15 ounce) cans peaches (light)
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 fluid ounce vanilla liquor (shot)
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla powder
Directions See How It's Made
- pre-heat oven to 350.
- butter a 10 inch deep dish pie pan.
- combine flour, pudding, salt, and baking powder.
- add butter, eggs and milk.
- pour into prepared pan.
- arrange (drained) peach slices on batter in a nice spiral pattern, leave a 1/2 inch space from the side of the dish to the peaches.
- combine cinnamon, 4 tablespoons sugar, and vanilla powder, use only 1/2 to 2/3 of the sugar mix. Save the rest for a cinnamon toast or something else.
- sprinkle evenly over the peaches only.
- in a food processor combine cream cheese, 1/2 cup sugar, 2 tablespoons of peach syrup, and vanilla liquor.
- mix til smooth, about 2-3 minutes.
- carefully pour cream cheese mixture over the peaches only, do not get close to the edges.
- bake for 35 - 40 minutes or until golden brown of the sides. The middle may still be a little soft, it will set as it cools.
- remove from oven and cool on a rack before serving.